"The private water taxi from Red Hook to Hodges Creek is $125pp. Customs, Immigration & Docking fees are $35 per person

That's $1500 with out the immigration fees one way"

We have picked up and dropped others off at St. Thomas many times. To move the entire group charter aircraft from SJU always seems to be best. There are many hours required to move the boat like a water taxi to and from St. Thomas. Most of us are spending more that $2,000 per day for the total cost of the trip considering everyone's transportation starting at home plus the boat cost. I have found many who try to save a few dollars on one part of the transportation are costing others far more in the total cost of the trip.

I always suggest adding up the complete and total costs of the trip per hour. Then figure out how many dollars you MIGHT save with some gimmick to bypass the most reliable way to move the crew in a timely and predictable method. If the ferry is part of a crew members plans? That person should be courteous and arrive the day before. Anyone riding the ferries should budget water taxi funds to catch up with the boat if their plane, taxi, ferry, taxi plan fails them.

If were going to move an entire crew with a STT pickup? I would reserve and overnight slip on St. Thomas or plan to anchor overnight in Lindbergh Bay. Open a tab at one of the hotel beach bars there to welcome the crew when they arrive. You and your friends are on vacation. If it looks like a hassle avoid it.

[Linked Image]