The waves that are out there now I think will get to the islands well before your travel dates. Do you have trip insurance that covers ONLY your airfare? I guess the ones through the airlines do that, but most regular trip insurance policies cover accommodations too. Before you cancel the trip on your own, please READ your trip insurance policy. My suspicion is that there are really specific parameters to when you can cancel for a weather related reason. (Unless you booked a trip cancellation insurance which allows you to cancel for any reason, which is relatively unusual.) And be aware, even if the airline were to cancel your flight for a particular DAY, they may well be able to confirm you on a flight the next day, so don't know that the insurance would pay off if you try to cancel the whole vacation, because of one less day. Even without the insurance, it's possible where you are staying may allow you to cancel and re-book at a later date without penalty, so get in touch with them on that issue. Best wishes! Hope for your sake, and for the islands' sake, that those two systems out there just dissipate, or become 'fish storms'..

Carol Hill