I took a Trafalgar tour of Italy and Sicily back in 2006 and loved every minute of it however I would NOT call it leisurely at all - in fact of the 14 days there were only 2 of them where I spent a few hrs on a beach or near a pool "relaxing", at all other times it was go go go. I'm not telling you this to discourage you at all, there are deff bonuses to tour traveling but if you're looking for leisurely then coach touring will disapoint you. Have you visited the message boards at Trafalgar yet? (I do every day) I highly recommend you do visit (Globus and Insight also have message boards). Just so you know your average day will be up between 6:30 and 7:00 am (if it's a travel day then bags out in the hallway usually by 7:00 am) breakfast is served btw 7:00 and 8:00 then on the bus bt 8:00 and 8:30 am and on to your next destination, comfort stop every 2 hrs (use toilet, grab a snack or lunch), may be a city tour stop on the way, arrive at the next hotel bt 3:00 ish to 6:00 ish pm, check in, go on an optional that may or may not include dinner or dinner at the hotel then off to sleep and repeat the next day. On a non travel day then no bags out but still up early to go on a city/church/monument tour. Now you can always skip optionals then you have a bit more time to hang out and relax but then your missing something...I use the same screen name at the other message board so feel free to ask me any questions here or there.

Personally I LOVE coach touring but my DH has figured out he HATES them so....