The private group raising funds for Virgin Gorda headed by Dive BVI mangers had a post on Facebook that they had loaded up supplies and headed to Puerto Rico and would be boating them to the island.

"GREAT NEWS!!! First private plane with aid has left USA, heading to PR and then boating over to VG.

More aid being organised and coming within the next day or two.

"
James Hagedorn
2 hrs ·
We're headed down to BVI now on a humanitarian mission. My CJ and our Global. Me, Rob H., Mike Hoover, Lenny Hall and Jeff McNutt. MREs, water, gensets, blue tarps, sat phones. Sounds super grim down there. House reported to be 30 to 40 % destroyed. Better than most! Beef Island Airport completely destroyed. Flying into PR and boating over. Special thanks to my SMG team and The Home Depot who supplied us with a lot of what we're carrying. Thanks Craig and Ted. Will post [censored] up as we see things. Adios!"

Also there were several pic of folks in Puerto Rico assembling supplies to take down to the bvi. One of them had # the real puertorican navy". Great people that enjoy holidays in the bvi and are responding generously in time of need. If the weather stays good I look for private boats brining donations from these folks to be a huge help in sustaining the victims of this disaster.