I do not remember for sure, but I think that cruise ships were returning to SXM after Luis within about 6 months - I know they were by end of 1996. We first were back in SXM after Luis in March 1997 and the needs of tourists were being met very well by then, as I recall. Getting tourism going again is absolutely critical to the island and I want to believe that it will not be more than a year at the absolute most before the island is wanting people to come back. Of course, that does not mean that people on the island are back to any kind of good normal by then. I think it took at least 10 years after Luis before the economy really was back to any kind of pre-Luis level. And, I don't really know of course, but my impression (wild guess) from what I am seeing and hearing is that Irma was worse than Luis - especially the break down of civil order - I don't remember hearing anything like what we are hearing now with regard to criminal behavior post-Luis - maybe there was some, but I sure don't remember it being a big issue.