We were on Anegada when Harvey hit here. We were very fortunate. Homes only a block away in almost any direction had water damage. We had none. Although the terrain here looks like it is flat, there are slight rises - and we happen to be on one of them.

The relief fund is going very nicely. Donations are now over $66,000. We have purchased two full containers of building material and are now in the process of getting it all transported. It is nearly 100,000 pounds of material.

I joined forces two weeks ago with Hannes Scheepers, owner of BluCharters. Hannes has organized a group of professional construction people to come down and help with the building.

We did have a bit of a setback, however. When I was creating the budget for material, I used an online estimator for the cost of transport. I added a 50% margin to that cost and allocated the rest of the money that was available at the time to material. When we then began actual booking, the shipping wound up being way over our budget (about $10,000 over!). So, at the moment, we have enough money to ship the first container and are having to wait for more donations before we can ship the second one. We would really appreciate the help if anyone can find a bit of money to help us get the material delivered.

The Anegada Beach Club has been phenomenal in assisting us. Getting material through Port Purcell to specific entities is difficult. ABC is letting us consign the entire containers to them, and they are arranging transport of the containers to Anegada. Further, since I have no power at home, they are giving me a room and use of their kitchen while I am on Anegada.

The wonderful folks at Neptune's Treasure are providing rooms and meals for Hannes and his group.

We hope to have the first container arrive and be on island to begin work about a week from now.

Walker Mangum
Cow Wreck Beach, Anegada