I had a VRBO rental slated for September 9 through September 16 in Pelican Key. The owner showed a no refund policy. On my confirmation it showed a request refund box which I clicked on. I also sent the owner a message through VRBO. The next day I received a message from the owner of the unit advising that he was refunding me my funds and that Hurricane Jose was nearby. When he was able to get internet service he notified VRBO that a refund was to be made. I purchased VRBO trip cancellation insurance (CSA Insurance in San Diego) and contacted them initially before hearing from the VRBO owner. They were very helpful and sent me the claim form via e-mail. However since the owner of the rental unit refunded me, I no longer need to follow through on the claim. If you have your confirmation from VRBO click on the cancel button. When I did that I received a notice that VRBO contacts the owner to advise of the request. If you get no response from the owner and still nosatisfaction, I would start with contacting VRBO/Homeaway directly. All I can say is when the island is back to somewhat normal and Carisma on the beach is rebuilt I will definitely re-rent from Paul and Carmen Rosen.

[Linked Image]