Can someone please tell me what "held up" and what is your definition of "held up"?

Because i have not seen any videos or photographs of anything that "held up" and I have not heard anyone who is on the island talk about anything that "held up".

I pray there are places that "held up"....I pray that people are over exaggerating the damage and the lawlessness...I hope that by the end of December the island is up and running.

But there have been too many people who have now returned from SXM who are being interviewed on CNN and the like and who are validating that the videos and pictures we have seen are indeed the facts.

If they are predicting that it will takes weeks and months to repair Florida after a cat 2 how in the world can an island who suffered a cat 5 with wind gusts to 220 mph...have power restored and buildings repaired by the end of December?

can we not talk about "fake news" and can we stop blaming the news media and actually think about how many lives they may have helped to save by reporting and staying on top of things? The devastation is so horrific on its own merit...do they really need to "make it worse" than it really is for ratings?

I am one of the original members of TTOL....I know Carol and eric personally. This place has BOOMED within the last week...it has been overwhelming...the traffic here has slowed it down so much i can barely get threads to load.

DO we blame carol and Eric for "fake news" and only reporting negativity to push their "ratings".

Come one folks....we are better than this.

[Linked Image]