From the other "evacuation" thread:

OK the latest, for tomorrow, Sept. 16th! from the U.S. State Dept. for U.S. Citizens:

"Dutch Sint Maarten:

Limited humanitarian and commercial airline evacuation flights continue to operate and provide evacuation services on a case by case basis. U.S. Citizens in need of assistance should email [email]IrmaEmergencyUSC@state.gov.[/email] If you are in need of urgent emergency assistance, call 1-888-407-4747 (from the United States and Canada), +1-202-501-4444 (from all other countries).

French Saint Martin

Please see information for Sint Maarten, above. Local authorities report the border crossing between Saint Martin (French side) and Sint Maarten (Dutch side) will be closed at night. U.S. citizens may be prevented from crossing into Sint Maarten at night."

I don't think that they will be issuing anymore "Sitreps" from this point forward. Without the airport really operational (IMO, but I won't explain here) there are not any easy answers for any US citizens left on island who want to be evacuated.

I hereby suggest to Mods that this thread be closed for now so it does not get diluted, but leave it pinned for a while. If there is anything new from State Dept. to post, I will notify Mods.

If anyone has any comments, please start a new thread.

+++++++++++++++++

Since I don't think there will be any relevant new information on this, I suggest to Mods that this thread also be locked but in addition that this thread be unpinned.

One can refer to the last page of the other thread that is currently pinned:
http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/s...e=0&fpart=4

Rah Rah Rasputin
They put some poison into his wine
He drank it all and said "I feel fine"