Carol_Hill said:
Glad to hear they survived and no damage to the house.. Our generator wouldn't start at all, so we were extremely uncomfortable for 4 days until we were able to borrow a generator from a friend whose power came back on.

Thanks. I can't imagine being in a situation with no power for 4 days in the aftermath of a hurricane as you were.

They were most lucky that the eye didn't make landfall in downtown Miami as first projected. That would have put them right in the worst of the north and northeast sections of the storm surge. Irma would have probably still been a cat 4 storm, if not cat 5, and I don't see how they would not have been flooded out. They have several friends in high rise condos and I suppose if it appeared that Irma was going to make landfall in the Miami area they could have found someplace in town where they could have ridden it out. But I don't think it was a gamble we would have taken. So their luck was the price paid by people over in Naples. Although it was category 2 or 3 over there...more than bad enough.