|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,061
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 4,524
Joined: March 2004
|
|
|
10 members (Snorkeller, Good Boy Gus, lbksxm, Pep, NumberCruncher, SXMScubaman, rglugeth, 3 invisible),
388
guests, and
346
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
#14502
05/31/2011 08:13 AM
|
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,321
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,321 |
I have tried it & thought it was AWFUL. WAAAAYYY too salty for me. However, it smells good. Typically I make everything super-low sodium so even if I found a use for it, it would be a rare occasion... but that said,
Has anyone ever used Marmite instead of soy sauce or tamari to impart that salty, umami quality without imparting an Asian flavor?
I'm not looking for suggestions on what to spread it on- it is most obviously an acquired taste and it tastes so overwhelmingly salty to me that that's just not going to happen. But its nice, yeasty fragrance makes me think it has potential in small amounts in recipes.
Thanks!
If I can't be a good example, I'll just have to be a horrible warning.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|