I caught a ride from Puerto Rico where a few of us displaced were trying to work with Puerto Ricans and others on getting relief into JVD. We left at noon on Wed and went Fajardo- Culebra -Brewer's Bay St. Thomas (overnight) and Then on Thursday Yacht Haven Grand (kmart) - Christmas Cover (snorkel to cool down) - Red hook to get things from storage space - Hawksnest, St. John (overnight). Morning swim yesterday afternoon and then on to Jost for the day and then here last night. Headed now to North Sound before leaving to sail to Grenada. I felt like an extra person taking up resources in Puerto Rico where I spent the last week waiting in gas lines from 3am - noon multiple days and have been trying to fly out to get to the US where I had originally been headed for a fall break from the islands. Much easier to get flights from Down island than anywhere up here. I booked Jet Blue from SJU but it keeps getting cancelled. I was away in St. Vincent for a 5 day trip when Irma Felt and I feel like I am just looping around the Caribbean. Of everything I have seen so far Jost looks the worst. Like some kind of bizarre zombie apocalypse.

I almost feel like houses that got wiped totally away are easier to deal with. Getting rid of the debris is going to be such a challenge.

Buildings and trees look bad but you can see little glimpses where the green is coming back. This is a hard one to bounce from but it will bounce back...eventually..