I'm in the same boat as the OP except with Voyage Charters.

July this year I put 50% down for a charter next spring. Voyage sent me the invoice in which I paid first. I did not receive the contract until deposit was received - I double checked my emails to verify the timing.

I have not signed the contract yet either. Of course after the hurricane hit, I checked the details in the contract. Somewhere along the way Voyage increased their cancellation fee to 20% of the trip fee. For my group this amount totals $2400 cancellation fee - rather steep and in hindsight don't know if I would charter with them again knowing this - but easy to say after the fact! I would be happy with a $400 Moorings cancellation fee.

I am very concerned that very little communication is forth coming from Voyage - compared to TMM and other companies in the BVIs right now. I worry about their viability.

I did call them a few weeks ago, they have laid off their office staff in Annapolis and seemed to be trying to regroup but I could hear the desperation in the reps voice. It was mentioned to me that the boat we have chartered is lost. Only a handful of boats are charter worthy and they are trying to figure out how to juggle charters.

At this stage, I know my friends are not interested in going in Spring. Each to their own - I don't blame them. I personally am not interested in spending $14k for a catamaran for 2 people.

Where to go from here.... I simply don't know. Being patient with Voyage, but again the lack of communication is rather concerning.

FWIW I heard from a Leopard dealer that 18 cats were sold during the boat show this past week. I am sure that is a record.