I do not know "what is being proposed." I am not sure President Gibbs at this time knows what will happen on Orient Beach. There seems to be a distinction between the immediate time between now and October 1, 2018 and then the planning for after October 1, 2018.

I do struggle with the idea that it was folly to build the Five Stars and other beach structures that lasted for more than 20 years as very successful businesses. I think building them - like building Dreams on Nettle - was a calculated and reasonable taking of risk by entrepreneurs.

If you simply want to take the position that nothing should be built that close to the high water mark again, fine - say so. But, to say that the plan needs to be to build that close to the high water mark again in a way that would withstand the hit that Orient Beach took from Irma - I just do not think that ever will happen.

And, let me add that I do not want that to happen. I do not want concrete bunkers built on Orient Beach. I much prefer nothing or what was there before Irma and before the carbets.

Last edited by Snorkeller; 10/17/2017 12:37 PM.