Spiker...

I have been an owner at RI for almost 30 years. We started with one week....then another.....and then another. Our weeks run mid march to 1st week in April. I was hoping that we would get to use them come March...but not according to the latest communication. This is the third time in all the years that we have been closed down. Every other time, maintenance fees were either returned or credited to the following year. Also...with all the other storms prior....insurance covered the expenses...and we were NEVER charged any assesment for damages. The Spadarros have always been upright and fair with the owners. As of this time, we havent had any direct communication of what will be...and what they are going to do about the fees...so I wouldn't put the horse in front of the cart just yet. My guess...and it is only a guess....is that people that have owned the weeks AFTER Irma, will be credited for next year...since they are already paid. People that owned weeks 1 up to the week of the storm, will probably be billed....but credited for 2019. Relinquishing your week because of a maintenance fee is nuts. Welcome to the world of real estate. I am 110 percent certain, that management is just as upset as EVERY owner is....but this is what happens when Mother Nature reels her ugly head. I have all the faith in the world, that the Spadarros and Management want to get the resort fixed, and fully operational AS SOON AS POSSIBLEm and will do everything possible to make it happen. Personally, i am thankful that so far they haven't sent out a blanket assesment for each unit, like the owners of the Atrium already has. This way, the full damage can be assesed, fixed, and then plan on how to move forward. In the meanwhile, it is all speculation. Am i looking forward to paying three weeks worth of maintenance fees plus three possible assesments?? ABSOLUTELY NOT... but am anxiously waiting to see how it plays out. Praying for everyone in the Royal Islander family and their well being during this very difficult time.