Just back from a quick three night trip down to St Maarten to
Check on our condo. Some remember we finally bit the bullet and bought this at the end of June after 30+ years of timeshare ownership and renting. Our condo is fine, lost a few air conditioning units and received water damage/leaks from
Above, but all a very easy fix once the issues above are resolved. And in comparison to so many others I feel guilty even worrying about it. The overall property is bouncing back and work is being done 24/7. Pool was almost refilled completely as we left yesterday. Dead palms were being cut down and stump removal as we left as well.

We flew down via Atlanta and the flights were less than half full. So I understand why the non stops were cancelled in NY. Airport was very efficient, you went though a tent to a building and then directed where to go for rental car/taxi. There is a separate area for those with checked bags. Departing was the same, makeshift but very efficient. Everyone at the airport seemed very upbeat and happy to have guests arrive.

We visited while there, Buccaneer Beach Bar, Bar Code, Sint Maarten Yacht Club (2), Lees, Karakter’s (2), Driftwood Boat Bar, Dinghy Dock, and Mullet Bay twice. Before asked, there are chair rentals. Think someone from Rosie’s, but food was not there as of noon yesterday. Was told that they are only cooking on Sundays for now. And I’m sure that will change.

Didn’t do much driving around, or staying out late. (Bummer we didn’t make it to Red Piano). did go into town to Telem to get internet/phone set up. So while we saw a lot I didn’t take many pictures as we have all seen it, and want to just see the positive.

Everyone we ran into seemed very hopeful and full of energy! Very good sign. But you could also see sadness and frustration.

The Maho area has a long way to go, Bahjtsu is open as is the Whole in the Wall Bar, and We did see a sign for Winnie’s stating open. Saw many people playing golf! Mowers were out, nice to see that life was getting somewhat back to normal!!

Very dark driving from
Maho to our condo in Cupecoy, all the lights through Mullet are out. But, all the lights “balls” encircling Cupecoy Beach Club were lit up! Hadn’t noticed them
Before probably because of the greenery, tried to get a good picture but couldn’t. But what a nice sight to see!

We will be back for New Years, knowing what to except and not!

As far as visiting which is the big question I have received - if this was to be your first trip to the island I would suggest wait a bit. But if you are a frequent visitor and can just roll with things, then go for it, as the places we visited were very happy to have guests.