Originally Posted by boucharda
Full disclosure: Both AT & T and Verizon websites state that there will be charges for wifi calls made to international destinations, With airplane mode enabled I have never incurred any charge for any calls to any country. They have no clue where you are. They do NOT mention enabling airplane mode for a definite reason (charges). Just relaying how it is for me with my S7 and Verizon.

When you are out of country make a one minute call to a location NOT in the USA ...airplane mode on...wifi calling (NOT wifi assist) enabled. Check your account in a couple of days and see if there are any charges. Worse case you might have a one minute charge but I would be shocked if it was there.

I had no clue that this worked until I unexpectedly received a call on my cell while in SXM from my bro in law in Virginia. How could that happen? I'm in airplane mode....but I am in my room with a wifi connection enabled., Been using it ever since that epiphany (after a couple of test runs)

Wifi calling, at least with AT&T, and I suspect Verizon is the same, is just like normal calling when in the States, you're right, they have no clue where you are, but they probably do due to the IP address you are logged onto, BUT they do know where you are calling and this is where the charges come in. Call to the US, no charge as they are part of your plan, Calls to the Island, there will be a charge, just the same as if you were physically in the US