By the way, is this Berne, Gary or some other combination? Your post has me wanting to go back to Italy already! Are you hikers? My wife and I hiked from Monterosso (That's where our Hotel Baia was) to Manarola one day, passing through Vernazza and Corniglia along the way. The portion of the trail from Manarola to Riomaggiore was closed for the season (October) so we took the train to complete our 5 village tour. You might see it written that this is an easy/moderate hike, I think it is a strong moderate!

This photo is from the Bar Gabbiano which sits between Vernazza and Corniglia. They have great fresh lemonade slushes and you will be thankful they are there! The coastal views along this hike are probably the best we've ever seen, we had great weather. The trail heads are well marked in each village and the "up and down" hillside trails are narrow dirt and rock. If hiking is not your thing the trains run village to village, we returned to Monterosso via the train at night. The hike, which included stops in each village took us probably 6 hours.

[Linked Image]