Checkout was thorough.
Sails are easy to master - self tacking jib that has had its car adjustments removed or damaged. It’s a big working jib such that it can be a workout rolling it in and the furling line won’t reach the electric winch.
The main is huge - mast towers at 100’ above waterline but its easy keeping the boat into the wind with the large engines.
Three well rigged reef points mean six additional lines and clutches - just more complications.
With the boom above the ample fly bridge (our party of ten has been up top comfortably) tending to the stack pack and reefing lines means climbing a few rungs up the mast and into the stack pack - its the price you pay for the fly bridge.
The B&G electronics package is awesome - large touch screen chart plotter at the helm. Touch screen tank, battery monitor and lighting control.
Touch screen A/C controls in each cabin.
Electronic bilge monitoring.
I love the electronic engine controls - a slight delay on engine response when you go from forward to reverse, but the transmissions are smooth and no clunk when you drop it into gear.
I’m less of a fan of the hydraulic steering - no feel in the wheel and not reliably responsive in close quarters - but you have two powerful diesels (70hp) to compensate - all close quarter maneuvers are by throttle.
The boat we originally booked had an ice maker and electric heads.
The latter has been a complaint as several (of the six) heads need servicing as effluent comes back into he bowl.

Two captains? No.
As stated in my post, the marina is a bit rough still so they require you to let them take the boat out and that you call them to pilot the boat back to a berth on returning.
This is my 5th Charter with them (next will be Greece if this happy crew gets their wish) This is only slightly larger than the 50’ Catana - my first with them. The Catana was the reason we first booked with Dream Yacht. A big leap ahead of the FP, Lagoon and Leopards that form the majority of charter fleets. While Dream’s fleet is largely FP and Lagoon, there are still quite few Catana and now, Bali yachts.
If you’re not confident take a captain for the first day or two - we met Damien who was captaining their 62’ cabin Charter -very knowledgeable, friendly and French! The ladies said he was easy in the eyes too.
Dream Yacht relies on your sailing resume and the systems walk through conversation to guage your abilities.

- Joe