Originally Posted by gomer36
Heads up to anyone who took advantage of those great fares to SXM back in February, outbound through CLT, and home through MIA for December 2018...just checked on our flights as I do every few weeks, and found that all our flights had been cancelled. We're now outbound out of DTW, to SXM thru MIA, arriving at 4:13pm, CLT flights are gone. Coming home, they dropped the 9am flight, and had us overnighting in MIA, with a flight getting into DTW at 4:30pm the next day. I called AA, and was able to get home the same day, but with 2 connections now. Might want to check, as they didn't send any type of notice about the changes.

Thanks for the heads up. We had confirmed tickets from Wilmington to Charlotte to SXM, leaving November 24th and returning the same way on December 13th, and we had never received any notice that the flights have been changed. When we looked on line, it says the flight exist, but our online reservation says there are schedule changes. When we looked at the changes, it has us leaving the 25th but now through Miami and we would have to overnight in Miami for the flight on the 26th. Again, thanks for the heads up so we could adjust our flights to get there on the 25th. Our flight back now requires an overnight in Charlotte.

And I understand that this is all the result of the damages caused by Irma, but I still hate the fact that AA doesn't send you adequate notification that there are significant schedule changes. They did say that there is a chance that direct flights from Charlotte may start latter in the year. I am not holding my breath.

Fair winds and following seas!
SSN691-May She Ever Prowl The Seas in Defense of Human Freedom!
SSN787-Preserving Peace, Prepared for War