Hi all...

I was at the Miami and Palm Beach boat shows, and the industry is absolutely booming - in the charter space, and the new boat orders space, to replace the boats destroyed by Irma... The BVI destination was as popular as ever, which made me realize that the BVI, even with all the issues they are having, remain the No.1 charter and boating destination of the American continent, bar none. So it really felt good overall.

On another front, some very interesting news. I have been approached by the Hooters Company (you know, the restaurant chain) to be a consultant for their recently announced new venture: Hooters Charters. Those charters will of course be on crewed yachts, of which the entire crew, including the captain, will be in the sprit and visual of the restaurants staff. We have started to work on the concept and selected 3 models of large catamarans (still confidential for now) capable of hosting up to 12 guests, plus crew of 4/5.
We are also starting to work on the crew recruitment - and NO, I won't need an assistant, thank you very much ;-))

Needless to say, those charters will not be your traditional family charters, although the crews will be under very strict behavior rules, of the zero-tolerance variety.

Immediately after the Hooters Corp. issued a press release, there were already numerous calls from large corporations inquiring about bookings for corporate board meetings, corporate retreats, etc. I am not sure how the male guests will explain those charter "retreats" to their wives, but that is another story.

I will keep you guys updated.

Happy Easter everyone!

Michel Benarrosh