Originally Posted by JimandBeth
Originally Posted by Bahston
November is a long way off, but as of right now the late night MIA-SXM flights start on November 5, (dep 5:35PM, are 9:34PM) and the early morning SXM-MIA flights also start on Monday, November 5 (dep 9:00AM arr 11:17AM). Dates when they operate the service are a bit screwy - sometimes it’s 5 days a week, others 6 or 7. But there are flights available. I only looked at 1-way fares, but I was seeing MIA-SXM at $176/$182 and SXM-MIA for $237/$243.

This is all so confusing. We tickets that included the early flight to Miami on December 14 and they changed it to 5:30 pm departure from SXM. When I called about the change they told me that they only had one flight leaving SXM and that was the late day departure. This was just 2 days ago.

Yes, it is confusing, and it will continue to be so until SXM gets back to whatever the "new normal" is going to be.

What you were told two days ago may have been 100% accurate then. And, given the way that airlines are shuffling their SXM schedules, it may be 100% accurate come your travel date. But as of today, AA 2486 is scheduled to depart SXM at 9:00AM, and arrive in MIA at 11:17AM on December 14.

Copied from AA's booking website:

St Maarten, Sint Maarten to Miami, FL Friday, December 14, 2018
9:00 AM
11:17 AM
AA 2486 738-Boeing 737 Wifi on-board

Travel info
Travel time: 3h 17m

I don't expect to see the "new normal" in SXM before 2020.