I'm not sure what normal is, since I haven't snorkeled the BVI for at least 10 years, but last week I hit a few spots. Disclosure, I am a snorkel snob and I'm used to much healthier reef systems, fish counts and overall diversity, but still enjoyed what I saw.

Spring Bay - A few fish (a school of six Honeycomb Trunkfish, Southern Ray, Sergeant Majors, etc...) and some recovering corals
Leverick Bay (along the rocky shore) - Starfish, small and juvenile fish (Damsels, Wrasse, Butterflyfish, Barracuda), an Indigo Hamlet (don't usually sea around my Cayman snorkel sites), Trunkfish, Mahogany Snapper, Sea Cucumbers, a few Cushion Stars, nice anemones and my first Arrow Crab ever!
Marina Cay - A Spotted Eagle Ray and some purple Sea Nettle Jellyfish
Monkey Point - Laden with Comb and few Box jellyfish when I visited, but saw some nice fish cleaning stations in the early morning and lots of damaged coral.
The Caves - A few Parrotfish, Bar Jacks, Yellowtail Snapper a large school of Ballyhoo and an Octopus in the open in one of the caves
The Indians - Easily the best of the lot. Large school of what I'm guessing were juvenile Midnight Parrotfish, Blue Tang feeding on the Sargassum, a White Spotted Filefish and some nice, healthier coral.

Link to a few pictures:
[img]https://photos.google.com/album/AF1...ipMQ5IsCBmZz6sVh0nta4ONE06cZo-jBJnLz4ShI[/img]

Last edited by Testudo; 04/20/2018 03:51 PM.

Snorkel air just tastes better than canned air...