I realize by asking a question about smoking I may be opening a can of worms.... but here it goes anyway. My wife and I are going on a 7 day Bahamas & Key West cruise with Carnival in May, leaving from Galveston. Since we're not having to fly to our embarkation port like we normally do, we decided to splurge and get a balcony stateroom for the 1st time. I've noticed letters in the last 2 issues of Cruise Travel magazine where people were complaining about smokers on the balcony next to theirs "ruining" their cruise. Just wondering if 2nd hand smoke coming from someone on the balcony next to you can really be that much of a problem? Just interested in people's experiences with their own cruises. I would like to keep this thread restricted to the question I've asked, if possible, and not get into whether smoking should be allowed at all. We are both non-smokers so we already have our own opinions about that. The safety and/or health issues of allowing or not allowing smoking in staterooms can be discussed elsewhere if need be. Thanks in advance!

[Linked Image]