Happy Saturday everyone. We are headed down in a month with our two daughters. Last year, we visited St. John, kept the boat in front of Honeymoon, and used the dinghy to visit Cruz in the afternoons. When we traveled back to the boat after dinner in the dark, I didn't love the trip with daughters who were 11 and 13 at the time. I had a relatively bright LED flashlight, but it was a joke in these conditions - so I just bought a cordless / waterproof spotlight on Amazon for this year that is much stronger. I also used my iSailor app on my phone, which helped since I couldn't really see. My hope is that the LED spotlight will make me much more comfortable using the dinghy at night this year.

My question is whether it is feasible to anchor the boat in Little Dix Bay and have dinner at Coco Maya by dinghy. My app says it is a little over 1.5 miles, but my recollection is that it is rocky in front of the restaurant. Does anyone know if this is a feasible distance to travel back at night and if there is a place to put the dinghy at Coco Maya after the hurricanes? By the way, we will have a 15 hp. motor on the dinghy, so we will be able to plane and travel faster.

Thank you for your feedback. We plan to stay at Leverick the next night, but we would like to eat at Leverick instead of renting a car and heading to Coco Maya (we have done this before and it is also a good option).

Steve