Twenty-seven sleeps to go! We’re very excited to be returning to St. Martin for our third year and celebrate a milestone anniversary. I’ve been scouring TTOL and getting some great information but I have some questions that I hope can be answered.

There used to be a couple of variety/mini mart stores as you entered Grand Case from the south. Did they survive the storm? They were close to where we stay and were convenient to replenish groceries in lieu of driving to Super U in Marigot.

We have yet to visit Philipsburg but it’s on our list this year. Where should a first timer visit and where can you park? I imagine more stores will be open and it would be a better experience when a cruise ship is making a stop?

This next question is mainly aimed at my fellow Canucks. I’m one of those travellers that likes to pay cash for certain activities (dinners, souvenirs, etc). Most of our time and money will spent on the French side. One of the restaurants that used to offer 1€ = $1 USD no longer does so and I’m sure that deal would difficult to find anywhere. Do you think it would now be better for Canadians on the French side to take mostly Euros now instead of exchanging our dollar twice?

We have made a quick stop at Orient Village/Beach but never to the Club O section. I’ve read that parking is behind Perch Lite but I haven’t a clue as to how to get there. Coming from Grand Case, do I pass Orient Village entrance and take the next left? Can we take a cooler of beverages or would that be considered gauche or can I get a beer there and support the economy?

A big thanks to all that post there experiences here. Your reviews and suggestions have helped to make our previous SXM vacations very memorable.