Thank you all for the informative discussion. I'm new here, but we've had a timeshare at the Towers for over 25 yrs and once again am heartsick that this destruction has happened to our beloved island. However, we feel as if we're not getting honest answers about the state of affairs either on our timeshare or the island as a whole. Does anyone have current info (ie June 2018) on Towers - perhaps I can be directed to an up to date thread? We have been sent assessment not only for 2018 (our week is May so that's gone) AND 2019! No offer of banking week or 2 weeks next year instead of 1, and of course, no one knows what can happen this hurricane season (heaven forbid). We've discussed just returning the week before hurricane irma, as the Towers & Mullet Bay wasn't what it used to be after the previous hurricane, and just giving it up may be our best bet. We can't keep paying maintenance fees on a unit we can't use and ridiculous airfare - rather book a condo or hotel room & visit when all is at least mostly up & running. I think it's just terrible how these timeshares operate & would never consider buying one again - we were young & foolish.

Maggiemaebe