Whether it's worth it or not is really only a choice you can make. If you are counting on fish to eat and to supplement your provisioning then I say no, BVI is not the place for that! Bahamas, definitely. I will be on a cat too but our trip isn't until July so no, I haven't fished yet but I did on our last trip two years ago. Only thing I caught were 3 remoras in Great Harbor on Jost just for fun off the back of the boat. You can't really eat any of the fish within the islands. On this trip, we'll be going to Anegada so I'm more hopeful for something fun to catch and good to eat which is why the cost is a little more worth it to me. I"m bringing a travel rod that fits in my duffle bag so that saves the cost of rental. Not sure what I'm doing about the $50 Mooring's fee since their rep basically said the boats are registered anyway. The travel rod is made by Okuma in case anyone wants to know. It's about $150 but comes in a nice travel case, very high quality and heavy duty with two different rod tip sections you can swap out for heavier or lighter action. Best places I've fished on island vacations were Anguilla and anywhere in the Bahamas! BVI one of the worst but I still like to fish while I'm just hanging out on the boat. One of those that can't sit still doing nothing.

Originally Posted by drcabral
It does seem like a nickle and dime to pay ~$100 to fish and, iif you rent fishing a pole could drive the close to $150. I called Moorings today and got the same rate!!

Did you end up fishing? Not sure it is worth it, I'll be on a catamaran and suspect fishing to mention cleaning and cooking a fish will be to messy.IMHO

[Linked Image]