On our recent trip to England and France, our English friend awoke one morning and was thrilled to learn that the weather that day was to be warm and hospitable for the beach. She took us to her favorite nudist beach. It is Strete Gate Beach near Strete, UK in the southwest portion of England - near Devon. The southern end nearest the parking area was for textiles. About 200 yards further north, the beach became clothing optional. On the day we were there, there were only about 2 dozen people on either beach. The beach itself was very pebbly, although they were very smooth and I didn't mind lying on them for the day. We took our lunch with us and a couple of windbreaks. The water was too cold for my wife and I, but our friend took a short dip. During WWII, the beach was one of several to be used as a practice area for the Normandy landings. At the entrance to the beach, there was a small concession where one could buy soda, wine, beer, and snacks for a reasonable price.

Our visit to the beach that day was an unexpected highlight of our visit to that portion of England. If you're in the area during the warm weather, I recommend a visit.