Clearing in at Hillsborough was not pleasant for me last week. My first stop was customs at the dock, and the agent kindly sent me on to immigration at the police station before he could see me.
There is a stern sign on the door of immigration stating the hours and instructing the visitor to knock before entering the office. I thought knocking on a government office was a bit odd (not ever having seen this before) but I knocked 3 times, waited, heard nothing and entered.

This was mistake #1. Knocking does not mean it's OK to enter the Realm.
I entered and greeted the agent with a polite "Good Afternoon." No response. Awkward silence. I put my small boat paperwork bag on the counter and begin to get my passports ready. I notice I left my pen back in Union. I ask the agent if I can borrow a pen.
This was Mistake # 2. More awkward silence as I'm ignored more. Finally, the agent looks up and say's "how can I process you unless I know if you are departing or arriving?!!" I am then treated to a 5 minute lecture or chewing-out about how rude I have acted. I put my bag on his counter without consent. I asked to borrow a pen. I'm told that I am rude and arrogant.
I'm totally taken aback over his vile and mean lecture.
I close my dropped jaw, and proceed to apologize all over myself and told him that if I was rude in any manner, it was not intended.
He was very cold and mad for the rest of the paperwork process, and all told I spent 90 minutes in his office. He eased up a trifle as I did my best to warm him up. I was at his mercy and he knew it.
This process took a very LONG time, and I was the only cruiser clearing. What happens in the busy season?

I finally cleared and walked over to Customs. The agent there was "what took you so long, mon? I thought you got lost." He was grinning, he must have had an idea that I encountered a run-in.

95% of the local I encountered in the Windwards were a delight to talk to. This agent in Hillsbouough was the exception by far.