Hi everyone. As some of you know this was our 4th trip to sxm and orient beach. We went in 2006, got engaged there in 2007 and honeymooned there in 2008. Then life got in the way and we did not make it back until this year, our 10th wedding anniversary. The hurricane that so destoyed our wonderful island could not, would not deter us. So here goes; We arrived on sat June 16th on Spirit Airlines from myrtle beach, through Ft Lauderdale. We were met by our driver Augustine, recommended by our relator, Magali Bartho. She was awesome. We stopped and grabbed some traveler Carib and headed to OB and our Villa, Joie De Vie. A 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath with provate pool. Hunger set in so we hot Coda Bar in the village. It was amazing. I got pretty drunk throughout the day and dont remember a lot ofnthe evening. Lol

Sun, Mon, and Tues were all spent at beach of Club O and Pedro's. The pedro chairs were much more comfortable to us. We bought our alcohol at perch lite each day. We ate lunch everyday on the beach at Chez Leandra. It was,beyond phenomenal with fresh red snapper, lobster, conch, etc. Sand was warm, as was the water. The beach front showed a lot of damage still bit alot of signs of rebuilding.

Wed we spent the day off the beach in Phillipsburg buying anniversary diamonds for the Mrs, drinking mixed drinks at Grand Jewelers. Mickey Punjabi is a great salesman and not a bad bartender. Lol. They paid for our party of 6 at dinner too which was amazing. Taxi back to OB and the villa for cocktails and the pool.

Thurs and Friday were again spent on the Club O side of the beach. We again drank , ate and spent our money trying to help the locals as much as we could. The beach the final days was actually nasty. Strong surf brought a beach full of seaweed that covered the sand and the water the length of the beach. I think the sea wall that protected OB was hurt alot from Hurricane,and the surf does the seaweed deal. Club O was not affected as much though so you could still enjoy water.

We are every night in the village. We ate at SAO, Le Piment, Le Laviole Blanche, Coda Bar and down the road at Le Plantation. I will say that everyplace was stunning and the food amazing. You name it from French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, pizza, seafood, amazing deserts. The staff from all,the places were fun and appreciated you being there. They need us.

The island has a lot of damage still. Its hard to look at some of it but you can't overt your eyes even when you try. When you hear the stories of,survival and acts of bravery were astonishing. We didn't hear much about SXM from news in the states but I came in optimistic. Then in speaking to the people I learned of hundreds of deaths. It was heart breaking and warning at how inviting the people were. Again, they need us there. Not alot of folks selling on the,beach except for cruise days , and thats light too. They all thanked us profusely.

We had no issues with broken glass in water or on beach. We had no problems with crime or anything like that. I highly recommend Magali Bartho if you are looking to rent a house. Also, Augustine was amazing. Johnny on the spot everytime we used her to drive us. She has a nice new van that held my 6 people and our luggage. Plus its neat and clean., i also recommend Mickey at Grand jewelers.

We will miss this place that is so important to us. The week was mixed with many emotions and feelings. But we know we love it there and we will return. Thank you all for reading. Have a great summer and enjoy whatever you do. Hopefully it will include SXM.