Hey Nick! It's pretty tough right now, if you're looking for upscale. Bikini Beach on Orient is supposed to open SOON, but no idea if they are actually open yet, and if they are actually open, service would probably be pretty harried. That's the only potential shot on Orient Beach, for upscale. All the other big beach restaurants on Orient are not a possibility. Several of the restaurants in Orient Village are open, but they are NOT on the beach. Club Orient has the Perch, but all they have are burgers, etc. There are a couple of other small beach bars there on Orient, close to where Pedro's was, but they are also real casual places. Dreams is gone. You could try Friars Bay Beach Club. Not nearly as upscale as Dreams or most of the places on Orient, but it will be open and it is French. Both Yellow Beach and Karibuni are both open on Pinel. You have to take a ferry to get there, and there has been a LOT of sargassum close to the ferry dock recently and SOMETIMES the ferry hasn't been running because of it, but I'm not certain of the exact status right now of the sargassum. Both of their menus have been posted here recently. I can look them up if you can't find them. That's about it for the French side. Dutch side, on the beach, for relatively upscale, you have Mary's Boon and Karakter, which are right next door to each other. Both will probably be packed tomorrow. There is also El Zafiro, on the other side of Simpson Bay by the airport, which I personally do NOT consider upscale at all, and I would go to any and all of the other places I mentioned before going to El Zafiro, but I just mention it, as there are so few options right now. Let me know if you have any other questions. If it were ME, and I wanted to be sure of where I was going, I would go for Friars Bay Beach Club. If you decide on it, you should ask for directions locally, as there is a main gate for it which is closed and locked and you have to go down further to a kind of bumpy dirt road to get there.

Carol Hill