I am now able to book my outbound flight from Portland, OR, to SXM for next June. There are two somewhat reasonable FC fares, each with one seat left; one routing is PDX-PHX-MIA-SXM ($761 one way), and the other is PDX-DFW-MIA-SXM ($595 one way). The latter routing has only 45 minutes between flights in MIA. All other flights are over $900 one way on American, down from over $1,600 on previous days.

I've never flown Jet Blue but checked their flights and routing. They are booking only into February at this time, but the most expensive fare is a redeye at $467 (up over $100 from yesterday) with just one layover in JFK and a leisurely connection time.

My questions follow and are directed to those who have flown similar routings on both airlines:

• If I choose AA through DFW, is 45 minutes sufficient to change planes in MIA?
  • If I decide to wait for Jet Blue to announce its June 2019 schedule, what is the likelihood that prices will increase significantly so that it would have been better to book one of the AA flights now?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

[Linked Image]