First of all, thanks for your medical relief efforts in PR!

As I cobble together the crew, I presume that it's Mom and Dad, Grandma and Grandpa, and an almost 1 year old...yes? I'm not sure that a bareboat charter in the SVI would be the perfect experience. Once you finish puttering around Culebra and Culebrita, it's necessarily off to Vieques. It's only about 15 miles, but may be more exposed than you'd like. You can find all your answers as to provisioning, and dinghy docks, and the like by Googlin'. But the bottom line is that it's a bit less 'convenient' than puttering around the BVI. And although the anchorages (with mostly free moorings!) aren't quite roadsteads, they're not the protected bays that you're used to in the BVI.

Here's some ideas to consider:

Stick to the BVI, and show your new grandchild (albeit, not quite old enough to remember - but Mom and Dad sure are!) all of the great places that you love in the BVI...or

Rent a house on Culebra (near Dewey) for the week. It's cheap, and will undoubtedly have a swimming pool. Find one with a little powerboat included, and you'll have a great time going to Culebrita, and puttering around Ensenada Honda. And there's tons of stuff to do on Culebra. If you want to push it, take a plane to Vieques, and spend the day. Not super expensive.

And the best part is, Mom and Dad can put junior to bed after a nice cool bath, in a real bed, with no worries.

I've done both...sailed the SVI, and rented a house on Culebra. When the kids were young, the house rental was awesome!

Let us know how it goes!