Hello all, this is my first post here. But I'm a big traveller so I hope this will be first of many.

I'm visiting BVI in mid/late October for a week's sailing adventure (it starts and ends in Hodge's Creek Marina) with a group. However my total stay is a fortnight. I've already booked four nights at Fort Burts in Road Town before the boat trip - I figure I'll get enough beach life and swimming via the boating experience and I hope this will be a good base to explore the island and to find some bars with a good selection of rum and learn some interesting history about the island and take some photos.

Here's my query: I also have another four nights on the other side of the sailing. I'm a bit uncertain about what to book/plan for here. I'd love to be able to leave it until the holiday itself and decide after getting a sense of the islands, but I'm guessing that's extremely risky and might leave me with very limited options. I'll be solo so it would be good to find somewhere where I'm not too remote and I might be able to find interesting chat in a bar or somewhere. However it doesn't have to be a big town! Small beaches with a friendly crowd would be amazing. I'm not fussy about the quality of the location and ideally wouldn't really want to spend much more than $100-$130 per night ideally. It doesn't have to be on Tortolla. My flight departs from Beef Island at 4pm so I'll be able to get a boat back from wherever I stay...

Does anyone have any advice? I was looking at a small one person villa in Little Apple Bay but the dates only go up to September. Do certain villas only become available to book nearer the time? What other islands/locations might be right for me?

Many thanks!