For starters, let me say Welcome to the forum as no one has done that yet.

What you need to remember, is that this is a forum. Not a bulletin board. There's going to be back and forth and discussion. Since you are new, you have no history and no one here "knows" you. Your first post is a negative review of a boat and I think its reasonable for those reading to want added details.

As far as the racist comments are concerned, you first stated they were racist comments and then indicate they were racist jokes. Just because some tells jokes involving race, doesn't mean they are racist. I'm not saying he's not, but a little more info wouldn't hurt. It would also be helpful to know if you ever expressed to the Captain that you do not find racial jokes to be funny and could he refrain from them while you are on the boat?

Personally, for me to take a negative or positive review seriously, I need details. Almost to the point of a trip report.

Things in your case that would be helpful to know - what's your experience with boats? What were the conditions like? Lots of wind? No wind?

Was his telling you of his ailments an excuse for the way he was managing the boat/trip?

There's two reasons people post like you do. One is because they have a grudge against the captain and the other is that they had an issue and want to share and help others avoid it.

Assuming you are genuinely the latter, please share more so people can truly understand the issues at hand, how you dealt with it and how the captain dealt with it. I think this is what sail445 meant by your being vague - there's no details..

And if the comments here alone make you think this isn't a forum for you, you should really read the rest of the site and topics available.

Matt