|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,067
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 1,354
Joined: March 2001
|
|
|
14 members (daveb7, mhaverla, JimandJane, shieneehead, Caribman, Granite13, BarbyandLeo, tradewinds, BELLEAMI, 5 invisible),
367
guests, and
120
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 19
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 19 |
Yes, I realize this is the BVI forum and there is a Southern Caribbean forum for questions on Grenada. However that forum has very little traffic and I already read through most of it. Besides, what I am looking for is people who have been to both locations who can offer some compare and contrast between the two. My thought would be to do a June trip once the winds have turned from northeasterly to southeasterly and then do a run from the south end of Grenada to Tobago Cay and back (45 nm each way). The chain runs at about a 30 degree slant so with a SE wind seems like it would be a nice beam reach both ways. I know in the high season with the NE winds it is popular to go one way from St. Lucia to Grenada. However flights to Grenada are actually a touch cheaper than even STT, compared to St. Lucia which is $1200 (more than 2X). Tobago Cay is supposed to have some fantastic snorkeling. The impressions I got so far is that it might be tougher to find meticulously maintained boats, there would need to be a little more thought on security, and you have to have some tolerance for boat boys coming out when you are still a mile off shore to compete somewhat aggressively for your business.
Thanks,
Craig
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|