We chartered a cabin 8/4/18-8/11/18 on a 62 ft Lagoon through Dream Yacht out of Hodges Creek Marina. We normally island hop and are land based but this time since several of our "go to" places to stay were out of commission, (especially Ivan's), and the ferry schedule isn't back to "normal", we booked a cabin with 9 complete strangers! What a blast!
The cat was roomy and had plenty of sun and shade. Separate shower in our head! We all ate together, fantastic meals, snacks and a smoothie or cocktail of the day prepared by our French chef extraordinaire. We could spend time together or find some quiet place to read or nap.
We had 2 captains due to illness, I appreciate the decision of the first captain not to head to Anegada when he wasn't feeling well so captain #2 joined us at the Indians and briefed the vessel's systems with #1.
The website had a set itinerary but I appreciated that we had some say in our days. Usually 2 snorkels and 1 beach bar.
Day 2 we hit Caves, Willy T, (lone jumper here), anchored in Great Harbor, Peter I,
Day 3 to Indians, Nigel's at Smuggler's (great guy), White Bay, JVD after the crowds thinned. Anchored White Bay... we were the big guy there.
Day 4 we needed H20 in Great Harbor so we got to spread a little $ along the walk. Bought "The Irma Diaries" book at A & B, their story is one chapter. Chilling read, especially coming up on the anniversary. Off to Little Jost to snorkel, B Line, then the "rearranged" Sandy Spit. Anchored at Cane Garden Bay where I was able to use the paddleboard before heading into Myett's for a drink. I ordered plantains and peas and rice for a local treat to share with our new partners. The Sahara dust provided a surreal sunset, appearing as a grey moonset.
Day 5 was a nice sail North, at first I thought we were heading to Anegada but captain #2 wanted to treat us (and test out Ava Isabella's sailing ability). Off to The Dogs for my first "Jellyfish Highway"... moons, not box, but a bit unsettling. We anchored in Long Bay, VG for a beautiful sunset and sunrise before heading North.
Day 6 to Anegada, had reserved a car with Mr. Wheatley (wifi on boat worked great!). We took off alone to pick up cinnamon rolls at Pam's and give our condolences for the loss of Vernon Soares... what a interesting piece of history lost! Flamingos were closer than usual but telephoto lens was on the boat. Spent most of the day at Cow Wreck, Belle was working alone and we would've manned the bar to help but it was slow. Did a re-creation photo of President Obama's internet photo there with my husband standing in.. Ms. Belle got a kick out of that! Stopped by Flash of Beauty for a cold drink...Ting has a new cousin, Lime. We're big fans but couldn't find one again. Hit Happy Hour at Neptune's, sunset out west, then the gang met at Potter's for dinner off the boat. My choice would've been Wonky Dog but I didn't want to rock the boat. First really clear day ended with the Milky Way and a few Perseids!
Day 7 back to VG for a couple snorkel spots, including the Baths. Wonderful to be there in low season later in the day. Moored at Cooper, enjoyed the rum bar at sunset on my 59th birthday.
Day 8 we were back to get some folks off to the 9:30 ferry for a STT flight. Said our goodbyes to a fabulous group, we hit the passenger and crew lottery.
That said, we both highly recommend booking a cabin with Dream Yacht Charters. It was a wonderful way to return to the places I love, battered and forever changed but coming back from the unimaginable.