Originally Posted by pat
Well said, Mitch and I’m right there with you. We don’t always have to agree with one another but my hope is we can disagree honorably and respectfully and for the most part, he managed to do this.

I meant my words above when I said them, but after spending a few hours watching the eulogies given yesterday at Senator McCain’s funeral service, I was deeply saddened by the behaviors and comments of some and appalled at the comments of his daughter in particular. There is a time and a place for everything and since it has been so openly stated that Senator McCain planned and approved every moment of his services, I personally felt the obvious parts of her speech were disgusting.

We’ve all lost loved ones and many have experienced injustices and hurts in life but IMHO, this was neither the time nor the place to air grievances, regardless of how heartfelt or well deserved they might be. Comes a time to ‘let it go’ and this should have been the time and the place. So sad to listen to the mean spirited and hurtful comments, and particularly so in this particular venue. Not saying they were or were not deserved but this just wasn’t the time or the place.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."