I was out of my mind petrified for all of my island friends and what they would have to endure, during and after. I watched the Maho cam until it went down in the wee hours. My jaw was on the floor over the sheer ferocity of Irma - I was beside myself with worry. I was constantly on Facebook in the following days for any word from friends, be it from them personally, or from family that had heard from them. I remember there was a FB group for missing people. Just name after name, a constant stream - loved ones from all over the world wondering if they were ok. I'd be so happy when a connection was made - someone had seen or heard from them. Most were strangers to me, some were not. It was such a relief to those of us who love the island and it's people. It's been wonderful to see the island rebuild. People helping each other along as time marched on. SXM is such a gem of an island, but we knew that already grin

I bought my plane ticket for March last night. Royal Islander isn't open yet, but we hope to pick up where we left off in '17. My family and I cannot wait to see our beloved friends again, and to give them the longest hug in the world. Elaine and Bill - you're up first! kiss