I bought a three day pass when I visited because there is so much to see - that was 14 years ago though! The temples cover a very large area and some are really amazing. Ta Prohm is worth a visit on it's own (the jungle and the temple are all intertwined in a really cool way) but you'll need transportation between most of the temples.

I paid a moto taxi driver to drive me around and he'd wait while I explored the individual temples and locations - or I'd arrange to meet him again at a particular location. Rather than busily trying to explore every corner I took my time at each location and enjoyed the place. At Angkor Wat I befriended some local monks and they practised their English on me - in return I played them some music on my headphones! At one point I climbed a less popular but tall temple and sat there right at the top listening to music for about 45 minutes just having a great time enjoying the vistas. But I was travelling alone so other experiences will vary. Anyway the place is HUGE. Half a day gives you only a flavour of it all.

Definitey didn't regret the three day pass. I have better memories of those three days than the two or three days I would have spend in Siem Reap.

What would you do in Siem Reap on the days you weren't at the temples?

Halong Bay and Hanoi are great BTW. Enjoy!

Last edited by Fiendish Astronaut; 09/15/2018 03:34 PM.