First of all, walking and driving around Sint Maarten and seeing what happened to an island hurts me deeply and my heart goes to all the people who suffered trough this tragedy.

As far as the beaches, we went to three of them so far and Friar's bay was closed on Monday and no chairs or fascilities provided. Today we went to Orient bay beach and was in shock when I saw what happened there, all the destruction. There is an only one beach bar that was opened and we could rent the chairs, later went for drinks as by 12:30 pm afternoon we were only people on the beach as far as the using it. I understand that weather was moody with the showers throughout the day but it was sad to see an empty beach and everything being swept away with only one buisness opened which was as mentioned Bikini beach bar.

However, on our second day on SXM which was Sunday, I went to my favorite beach Mullet bay and place was packed. Luckily we get up after 6am in the morning so we got there around 9am. Beach was beautiful and we could rent the chairs as well. Also they were selling the food there along with drinks. It was probably due for being a Sunday which attracted many locals and others as well. Great vibe and excellent time.

More to come as we are hitting different beach every day...

Last edited by Mkart; 09/25/2018 07:29 PM. Reason: Edit