So you are saying, that if I make a call, using WIFI, to a restaurant in SXM
Originally Posted by boucharda
Airplane mode on with wifi....no charge for any email messages back and forth

Airplane mode on with wifi and wifi calling enabled...same as above but calls/texts sent to USA AND RECEIVED from USA are not charged.. Obviously emails work to anywhere. Calls to a different country than the USA are charged a nominal rate.

When I was in Aruba a couple of months ago (airplane mode ALWAYS on) I made a test call to our car rental agency to confirm an earlier departure time...maybe a 4-5 minute call. My phone warned me that there would be charges...I was billed right around $2.50 for that call ($1.99 + tax) and zero for the other calls to and from the USA. I could have used the International Plan to make the call but it would have cost $10 for the day. I did not need it for the rest of the day since the wifi worked fine all week

Use whatever you feel comfortable with....

So you are saying, that if I make a call, using WIFI, to a restaurant in SXM with my AT&T phone, that I will be charged?

I always used Airplane Mode when using my phone with a SIM of the country, so there was no problem at all. This is new to me.
WIFI for things like Facebook.

My son used shutting off Cellular Data and used WIFI calling from Aruba for texts daily to USA with no problem.