Had to chuckle when I read this post. I had the same thought ever since I dropped something off the back side of our cat on a mooring ball in 35ft of water. Unfortunately it was not a sandy bottom and I was unable to free dive, locate the item and retrieve it. After a lot of back and forth I just bought the exact system you are talking about. I now have a Lagoon 450 in one of the BVI charter fleets and plan to leave the gear in our locker at the base. Frankly I am am perfectly fine just snorkling when I am down there, but love the idea of having the gear readily available so I can retrieve something dropped over board, inspect the hull, or unfoul a prop or anchor (later is purely hypothetical since I have always been able to retrieve our anchor). A couple of things to consider. The one I bought only had the button type HP gauge mounted directly on the first stage. I decided I wanted something I could see while diving, so I added a traditional HP gauge on the end of a 6” HP hose. This way it will sit at my waist and be visible when I glance downward. Also, didn’t like how the bottle was secured in the fabric sleeve and how the waist belt was attached to it, so I took it apart and “tailored” it to my liking. Finely, I also bought the adapter that allows the bottle to be filled directly from a standard scuba fill station. What comes with the pony bottle is the adapter which allows you to only fill it from another tank. Since I will not have another tank, not sure if the dive center would rather fill directly or let me draw down one of their full tanks. Regardless, now I have the option for both.