Greetings! I am new to this forum, have never traveled to the Virgin Islands, and have a solo trip planned for December 28, 2018, through January 2, 2019. I will be staying in St. Thomas in the East End / Red Hook area, and I am looking to meet new friends and gain knowledge and wisdom from those of you that are willing to share it with a newbie like me. A little background. Like a lot of people, my trip to the islands was prompted by the song "Somewhere In The Sun" by Kenny Chesney, specifically the lyrics:

Oh I wish I was there tonight on Jost Van Dyke
Sipping on some Foxy's Firewater rum
Or kickin' back with Ivan
With all my friends down in the islands
Wouldn't take much for me to up and run
To another life somewhere in the sun

You get the picture. So I decided, what better way to close out a particularly challenging year than to be at Foxy's on Jost Van Dyke on New Year's Eve, sipping on some Foxy's Firewater Rum with 2000 of my closest friends? :^) I will also be doing some excursions from St. Thomas to the BVI and plan to take the ferry over to St. John. I will have some time to tour St. Thomas as well, and would like to get "the inside scoop" about places to go, people to meet, things to do, etc.. Your guidance would be most appreciated!