Good morning everyone!

About 25-30 years ago my parents (Bill & Shirley Mason) discovered the BVI's and more specifically Cane Garden Bay. They pestered my wife and I for years to come down and check it out. They lived to go there every February for the month. We would see their pictures and hear their stories of a beautiful beach and how great the locals are.

So in 2005 we decided to finally check it out. I will say, pictures did not do justice. This place was just magical. The beaches, the people, the food. All amazing. Like our parents we fell in love with Cane Garden Bay. Since 2005 we have been back every year. Although February did not work for us due to my job, we would go in November. All of our trips were/are land based.

As the years went by we discovered the other surrounding islands and fell in love with Anegada where we have been vacationing for the last 5-6 years. Now spending a week in May and a week in November.

As my parents aged it became more and more difficult for them to travel to their beloved Cane Garden Bay. I believe 2015 was their last trip down and that had to be cut short due to difficulties of getting around as they had aged. My mom (actually step mom, but in my eyes my mom) passed away in April of 2017. My father followed her path in June of the same year. I truly believe he died of a broken heart as he missed her terribly.

Both of them did not want to be buried where they lived in Michigan. They asked that I take their ashes down to the BVI's for them. Little did I know that I would be carrying two sets of ashes at the same time. So we planned to do this in November 2017. As you know Irma and Maria had different plans and forced us to wait a year.

We are planning to have their memorial this November 14th at Myett's on Cane Garden Bay. I would like to invite any of you TTOL'ers who will be in the area on that day to please come by. Val has been an incredible help in arranging this for us as she very well knew my parents. We are not planning anything elaborate as my parents were very simple and modest people. Val has arrange a boat for me to take their ashes out to sea and to leave them permanently in the BVI's.

Again, if any of you are at or near CGB on the 14th please stop by Myett's. I will be the one wearing a Notre Dame bucket hat along with my beautiful wife. Drinks are on me. I hope to meet some of you then.

Thanks for reading.

Bill Mason

Go Irish!!

Bill

[Linked Image]