We've noticed several different fisherman out in front or close to our villa this last week. Some are using poles and others nets. We only saw one person catch a fish. First time in all of our years here that we've seen them fishing on the beach.

Another day well spent lounging around Beachside Villas. We spent a good part of the day at the beach after David went to Maho express for a newspaper and a cup of coffee for me , which has become a daily ritual. We’ve mostly eaten breakfast in the villa although a few mornings we picked up croissants. Sadly the quality at Zee Best is not what it used to be. The regular croissant was chewy and not flakey. The almond which was always my favorite was just ok. The crossaints at Jules have been much better.

At the end of the day before the sunsets we typically meet up with our friends at the pool and yesterday was no exception. This trip we occupy 5 villas and a good number of us live close to each other back home where we can spend time together throughout the year when not in SXM.

We decided to eat alone last night at a fairly new restaurant called Jamtillean on Welfare Rd. They serve West Indian food with an emphasis on Jamaican. They are located on the marina with their larger dining space outdoors with a roof. There is also an indoor area with a nice bar and several tables and couches. The space is nice and inviting and they had a DJ last night who played good music. It would be a fun place to go with a group. We went on the early side so were the only diners but they were setting up a few larger tables for a party. They are cash only at this time. David had the grilled jerk mahi-mahi and I had the red snapper Escovitch. Both were very good and served with a salad and your choice of side dish. I went with rice & peas. With a glass of wine and a rum punch plus 15% service charge our bill was $67.

[Linked Image]