Hi all,

Long time visitors and will be on island Nov 15 for a bit, and could use some updated input regarding status of various areas. We are booked at La Plantation in Orient Village. One reason is due to association to Bikini Beach which seems to be at the forefront of the newly reopened.

For context, in most recent years we'd usually stay in Anse Marcel at Cottage de Lonvilliers timeshare, and our favorite day spots were Anse Marcel Beach Club, Orient (CoCo), Grand Case Beach Club (Petit Plage), Friars Bay Beach Club, and Baie Rouge (sometimes venturing as far as Cupecoy). Then dinners anywhere from Grand Case to Orient Village (i.e. short drives).

So, from those in the current know, is staying at La Plantation a wise idea at this point? I have an option to move over to Porto Cupecoy if that seemed a safer bet in terms of recovery status, then we'd have access to their restaurants and visit Cupecoy and B Rouge during days. (Not positive if Dany back, or Raymond and/or Gus bars open again) I don't need everything to look perfect, I swam around a sunken excursion sailboat when visiting after Gonzalo, but we still don't want to feel unsafe, need a pretty beach, and some semblance of the same type of facilities we are used to to make it a vacation. Also aware seaweed may be piling up on some beaches more regularly than others, usually more of an Orient side issue, but not sure which side now.

Thanks for any news or advice! If anyone has a decent link to an online reference list of what's open and not, that'd help! I found this one ( https://www.st-martin-vacation.com/restaurants.html ) but it's hard to tell what sites are reliable and up to date.

Thanks again