We began to get into Lazy Mode by Sunday. Hanging around the villa, swimming, napping. Grabbed some groceries at Market Garden after a late breakfast at Zee Best. Brought home a rotisserie chicken and salad fixings.

Monday 10/29 was breakfast at the yacht club. Drunken pancakes with rum sauce, and eggs benedict.
Along with the requisite mimosa’s!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tried to go to Friar’s Bay Beach Café’ but they were not open on a Monday. And after that bumpy ride down the road to reach Friar’s Bay!

Stopped in Grand Case to check on Captain Frenchy’s, as we knew Rainbow would not be opening until the 10th. No luck. A couple of chairs were out, but dead, dead, dead. Limited bar service from a container, but no food.

So….we continued our trek and landed at Bikini on Orient Beach. Chairs were free and we ate a fabulous lunch there, along with a “blue bottle”. wink This was a good choice.

Seafood cassoulet, and a steak. Hubby raved about the "Bikini Fish Pot"..jumbo shrimp, mahi & red snapper in a lobster sauce.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After a filling meal at lunchtime we just stopped for take-out at the Spaghetti House in Jordan Village. Two gnocchi Bolognese to go, and we ate at home, adding a small side salad.

[Linked Image]

Tuesday 10/30

Very lazy morning…we just walked down the beach sans shoes to have breakfast at El Zafiro. They are now brining in cruisers with the SST Company (St Maarten Sightseeing Tours). There were buses and 4 wheelers in the parking lot. They had a singer, a lunch, and unlimited rum punches for those with pink wristbands from the cruise. To say that it was noisy and chaotic would be an understatement. You haven’t seen anything until you see people attempting to drink their fill of free rum punches at 11:00 am while you are attempting to eat breakfast and stare at the beach. Thankfully we had a table before they descended upon the chairs near the bar for their lunch

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The singer they had at El Zafiro cracked me up! He was from Venezuela, and when singing Coldplay’s song Yellow, it came out “It was all Jell-O”. I will never, ever hear that song again without smiling at this memory.

After breakfast we headed over to the Towers. I posted about that visit here:
http://www.traveltalkonline.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/173228/2.html

Found some more pictures since then, and here are samples of the new outdoor lounge furniture and the inside furnishings. Not a fan of the items for the living rooms chosen by management. (Towers people, if you are reading this, please do not copy or link my post to any other site. Thank you.)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After this depressing visit we went to Zee Best Bakery on Airport Road and got Cubano paninis to-go. Back to the pool. Picture says it all!

[Linked Image]

As always, stay tuned for more! wink

"It is good to do nothing all day, and then to rest" wink