My husband and I have arrived at Divi. The resort looks awesome. The rooms are beautiful. More about that in another thread.
I have seen many people on here inquiring about the all inclusive option at Divi. Most of us on here agree with why you shouldn't do the All Inclusive since there are so many other options on the island. But I will tell you another reason.
Michael and I went to Gizmo's bar around 4:30 on Saturday after we arrived. After getting up at 4am, we just didn't have it in us to travel anywhere to get food.
We sat down and waited. And waited.... and waited. 15 minutes later, a woman in a Santa hat came over and asked us if anyone was waiting on us. We replied no and that we didn't even have menus. She brought the menus and asked us what we wanted immediately. We replied that we needed time to review the menu but that we would each like a pina colada.
She asked ,"how many?" Odd question I thought but then I thought it must be happy hour. So, I said "Oh is it happy hour? I guess two then." (usually it is buy one get one free)
5 minutes later, she came over and asked what we wanted.
I just wanted a bacon cheeseburger. Nothing difficult, right? WRONG. She said "oh you don't want the divi burger. that doesn't come with cheese. You want the Gizmo burger, that comes with cheese." It is also $3 more expensive and comes with onion rings and mushrooms on it neither of which I wanted. I said "Ok. Just the divi burger then"
5 minutes later, she came over and explained that happy hour starts at 5....not 4:30. And did we want to wait the five minutes to get the two. We said "Sure".
15 minutes goes by. We were still waiting for drinks. None showed up. Our food was brought by another waiter. Still no drinks.
We were about 1/3 of the way into eating when the same waitress came over and said that she hadn't put the drink order in because now it was change of shift. We told her to forget it.
We finished our dinners......and waited....and waited....and waited. No one came with the check. We didn't even see the waitress. We flagged another one over and asked for our check. And waited....and waited....and waited...Still no check.
Michael got up to look for the green flash. I finally got up to watch with him. I flagged another waitress over and said that we would really like to pay but our waitress was nowhere to be seen. FINALLY, at long last, our bill came. It was more than half an hour after we had finished our food.
We saw a few other couples complaining about the service at Gizmos as well.
I always vote with my feet. I will not give my money to a restaurant where the service is so abysmal. The food was actually quite good. But no, I will not go to Divi's restaurants for service like that.
Mind you, I am aware of island time. This was well beyond that.
So, if you are reading this and are considering the all inclusive, ask yourself. Is service at all important to you?